King Beetle Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hahaha silly me, I wasted my time and money.

So, a few great games came out recently that I've been looking forward to for quite a while. One of them being FarCry 2, and the other, Fallout 3. So of course, I would be the type to go buy both. So, on Saturday, I ended up buying FarCry 2 off of Steam, and I was very satisfied with the game, which incidently, I'm still not finished.

However, I had the "smart" idea of also heading off to BlockBuster and renting a copy of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, Colonies Edition, even though I just BOUGHT a game, and added with the fact that Fallout 3 was to come out only three days later.

Now, this wouldn't have been a problem if FarCry 2 was a short game, then I could have just beat it, then beat Lost Planet on time to pick up Fallout 3 and start playing that. But this wasn't the case, since FarCry 2 turned out to be not only a really good game, but also ridiculously long, seeing as I've been playing for 23 hours overall and I'm only 54% done.

So, now I have both an unfinished, great FPS, AND a shooter/RPG that's supposed to have over 300 hours of gameplay, and an xbox game which I still havn't played enough to get far in (I did however get quite far in the game in the normal version, though I never beat it).

So, I'll probably end up keep playing FarCry 2, and Fallout 3, and not touch the rental game till its return date.

Well, that's 8$ wasted for ya.

1 Comments:

  • At November 3, 2008 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Phil said...

    Haha that sucks! Well at least you got to take all these games out for a "test run"! That was probably the most logic thing to do instead of wasting all the money on the full purchase prices for these 3 games! Keep it up with the blogs!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home