King Beetle Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Iron Maiden fanboy? Pretty much.

A while ago, after playing Run To The Hills by Iron Maiden one too many times on Rock Band, I decided to listen to a few of Iron Maiden's other hit songs, such as The Number Of The Beast, and The Trooper, and to say I didn't like them would be a lie. It's been a while since I've found a decent metal band (just metal, not HEAVY metal), and I havn't heard anything like the oldschool, brilliant band that is Iron Maiden.

I soon found myself buying two albums from them off of iTunes, being Number Of The Beast, and Iron Maiden, the self-named album. Both of which were remastered versions. It wasn't too long after that I found out my sister's boyfriend was in fact a big Iron Maiden fan as well, and not only gave me an Iron Maiden t-shirt with the artwork of their album, Brave New World, printed on it, but also copied his Iron Maiden CD collection, which included Brave New World, Powerslave, Piece Of Mind, Fear Of The Dark, A Matter Of Life Or Death (my favorite so far), Dance Of Death, and No Prayer For The Dying.

Photobucket

So I've found myself listening to them constantly, only periodically moving to a song made from a different band, but I think with the selection of songs I've recieved at once, it may be a while till I get bored of them. It's just too bad none of their songs were included in Rock Band 2, except for the one you can download from the song store, being Number Of The Beast.

And, with today's crap-tacular bands, I don't think there will ever be another band like theirs. But for now, run to the hills, and run for your lives.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home